Follow the steps below to see the settings that can be configured once the guest network has been enabled. For initial setup see this article: Enabling a Guest Network. The guest network feature can not be enabled or configured from the router screen, it must be set using the AmpliFi app. In older AmpliFi versions it was not available when on bridge mode, please update to newest version available to avoid this issue.
1. Launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Tap the Guest tab.
3. On the Guest screen, you can configure the following:
- Guest Wi-Fi: You can enable or disable the guest network.
- Guest Number: You can change the number of guests to allow at one time.
- Time Limit: You can set a time limit for guest access.
4. Tap Settings.
5. The Wireless screen appears. Scroll down to the Guest section. You can configure the following:
- SSID: You can change the name of your guest network. This is the name users will see on the Wireless Networks list on their devices.
- Security: Select the type of wireless security you use: None, WPA PSK, or WPA2 PSK. None is the default and won't request a password to allow users to connect. WPA PSK and WPA2 PSK will request for a password before allowing users to connect to your guest network.
- Password: If you selected WPA PSK or WPA2 PSK security, provide the password your guests will have to input to connect.
- Verify Password: Enter the guest password you just created to verify it.
- Show Password: Tap the control to display or hide the password on this screen.
- Hide SSID: Tap the control to display or hide the SSID (name of the guest network) from device Wireless Network lists. This allows you to create a guest network but only show it when you have guests, and hide it when you don't want anyone connecting to your network. Learn more about hiding your SSID in this article.
6. Tap ✓ to save your settings.
7. To share a password select the share option, and choose a method to share the password.