When you set up your new AmpliFi router, you may also want to set up a guest network for friends and family. See the FAQ: How do I set up and configure a guest network?
If you want to configure advanced settings for your guest network, then perform these steps:
- Open the AmpliFi app.
- Tap Guest at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Guest screen, you can configure the following:
- Guest Wi-Fi: You can enable or disable the guest network.
- Guest Number: You can change the number of guests to allow at one time.
- Time Limit: You can set a time limit for guest access.
- SSID: You can change the name of your guest network.
- Security: Select the type of wireless security you use: None, WPA PSK, or WPA2 PSK. None is the default.
- Password: If you selected WPA PSK or WPA2 PSK security, then you can change the password.
- Verify Password: If you change the password, enter it again to verify it.
- Show Password: Tap the control to display or hide the password on this screen.
- Hide SSID: Tap the control to display or hide the SSID (name of the guest network).