How To: Additional SSID
The ability to create an additional SSID is one of the many great features that AmpliFi brings to your house. Additional SSID give's you the ability to create additional SSID's to connect to besides your main AmpliFi network. Enabling the Additional SSID will create 2 separate SSID, a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz network (there is an option to have one or the other)
To enable Additional SSID:
- Open the AmpliFi app
- Tap on your main router to enter it's settings
- Tap on 'wireless'
- Scroll down until you see 'Additional SSID' and enable it
- Name your Additional SSID
- Tap the checkmark in the top right to confirm settings
To switch Additional SSID band from both to 2.4 or 5 GHz:
- Follow steps above until step 5.
- Notice 'Additional SSID band' underneath the name.
- Tap on it to bring up a drop down menu
- Select the band you wish to be enabled (both, 2.4 or 5 GHz)