AmpliFi offers several model options to meet each home's different networking needs. The AmpliFi kits offer a more robust solution, but many times the powerful standalone router (AFI-R) will be enough to provide internet to all corners of the home. Additionally, you can build your own system with our standalone products, customizing AmpliFi to fit your specific needs. See the Compatibility Guide below to learn which devices you can use to expand your network. This article includes a brief description of the AmpliFi models, but please see the full specifications tables in the product Datasheets before deciding to purchase a device.
Note Keep in mind that the ranges provided below are free of obstructions. If obstructions or interference are present in the deployment, ranges can vary.
- AmpliFi HD System (AFI-HD): this kit includes a router base station and two wireless super mesh points for maximum Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home. Range: 20,000 Sq Ft.
- AmpliFi Instant Wi-Fi System (AFI-INS): includes a router with an easy-to-use touchscreen display, 1 Gigabit Ethernet port, a WAN port, an Ethernet cable, and one MeshPoint with an Ethernet port to maximize coverage and eliminate dead zones in your home. Range : 4,000 Sq Ft.
- AmpliFi HD Gamer’s Edition (AFI-G): this kit is equipped with a GeForce NOW QoS mode, developed by Ubiquiti with NVIDIA’s support to quickly adjust networks for optimal game-streaming performance. Range: 20,000 Sq Ft.
- AmpliFi Teleport Kit (AFi-RT): this kit includes an AmpliFi HD Router that runs your home network and Wi-Fi, and an AmpliFi Teleport: a portable hardware extension to the router, that makes the home network and its internet connection available from a different location. Range: 10,000 Sq Ft.
Important Devices sold in kits are hard-coded to one another and cannot be paired to other devices. It is only possible to expand your system by adding standalone devices: AFI-R, AFI-P-HD, and AFI-INS-R. The mesh system is capable of handling as many standalone mesh units as needed.
AmpliFi Standalone Devices
- Standalone HD Mesh Router (AFI-R) is great for powerful coverage in an average sized space. Additionally, the standalone mesh router can be a powerful tool when added to existing AmpliFi hardware. Range: 10,000 Sq Ft.
- Standalone MeshPoint HD (AFI-P-HD) is a fantastic solution for not only adding distance and coverage to existing AmpliFi units, but also works with third party routing solutions. Please note that the MeshPoint will not provide internet on its own, it must be paired to a router. Range: 5,000 Sq Ft.
- AmpliFi Instant (AFI-INS-R) is a simple and quick setup solution designed for ease of use, while still packing that AmpliFi punch for long range needs. Range: 2,000 Sq Ft.
- AmpliFi Teleport (AFi-T) is a portable hardware extension of an AmpliFi Router that can be taken anywhere to create an encrypted connection to your home network, expanding it wherever you go. Please note that the Teleport will not provide internet on its own, it must be paired to a router.
This compatibility guide illustrates which models are compatible for meshing and pairing; check marks indicate compatibility. For example, if you have an AFi-HD and are thinking about expanding your system, a quick glance at the table will show you that you can expand your network with an AFi-R and a AFi-INS-R, but not with another AFi-HD. To learn how to add standalone devices to your network please see this article.