AmpliFi offers several model options to meet each home's different networking needs. The AmpliFi kits offer a more robust solution, but many times the powerful standalone router (AFI-R) will be enough to provide internet to all corners of the home. Additionally you can build your own system with our standalone products, customizing AmpliFi to fit your specific needs. See the Compatibility Guide below for the combinations that are possible. To select which model to purchase, consider each product's specifications. This article includes a brief description of the AmpliFi models, but please visit each model's product page (linked in the model names below) to see more information, or check out the full specifications tables in the product Datasheets.
- AmpliFi HD System (AFI-HD): this kit includes a router base station and two wireless super mesh points for maximum Wi-Fi coverage throughout your home.
- AmpliFi Instant Wi-Fi System (AFI-INS): includes a router with an easy-to-use touchscreen display, 1 Gigabit Ethernet port, a WAN port, an Ethernet cable, and one MeshPoint with an Ethernet port to maximize coverage and eliminate dead zones in your home.
- AmpliFi HD Gamer’s Edition (AFI-G): this kit is equipped with a GeForce NOW QoS mode, developed by Ubiquiti with NVIDIA’s support to quickly adjust networks for optimal game-streaming performance.
- AmpliFi Teleport Kit (AFi-RT): this kit includes an AmpliFi HD Router that runs your home network and Wi-Fi, and an AmpliFi Teleport: a portable hardware extension to the router, that makes the home network and its internet connection available from a different location.
Important The hardware found in our AmpliFi HD and Gamers edition kits (router and two mesh points) are hardware coded to one another. Thos two kits cannot be added to one another. After purchasing an AmpliFi HD System or Gamer's Edition kit, only use our three standalone products to expand your AmpliFi mesh system (AFI-R, AFI-P-HD, and AFI-INS-R). The mesh system is capable of handling as many standalone mesh units as needed.
AmpliFi Standalone Devices
- Standalone HD Mesh Router (AFI-R) is great for powerful coverage in an average sized space. Additionally, the standalone mesh router can be a powerful tool when added to existing AmpliFi hardware.
- Standalone MeshPoint HD (AFI-P-HD) is a fantastic solution for not only adding distance and coverage to existing AmpliFi units, but also works with third party routing solutions. Please note that the MeshPoint will not provide internet on its own, it must be paired to a router.
- AmpliFi Instant (AFI-INS-R) is a simple and quick setup solution designed for ease of use, while still packing that AmpliFi punch for long range needs.
- AmpliFi Teleport (AFi-T) is a portable hardware extension of an AmpliFi Router that can be taken anymore to create an encrypted connection to your home network, expanding it wherever you go. Please note that the Teleport will not provide internet on its own, it must be paired to a router.
This compatibility guide illustrates which models are compatible for meshing and pairing; check marks indicate compatibility. For example, the AFI-HD is owned and another AFI-HD is wanting to be purchased. According to the table, you will not be able to pair those two.