Yes, AmpliFi supports bridge mode. Bridge mode is a useful feature that can help grow your network and/or separate networks. Bridge mode allows you to use multiple routers on the same network by placing one of the routers in bridge mode and connecting it to a port on the other router.
Here are a few of the most common applications for bridge mode:
- Connect two routers/AmpliFi to share network resources.
- Use AmpliFi as an additional access point on an existing network.
- Use AmpliFi with a fiber service.
It's important to note that when the router is in bridge mode it will lose its routing capabilities so it will no longer offer these features:
- Hardware NAT
- VLAN ID
- Guest Network
- DHCP Server
- Port Forwarding
- Family Profiles
To set up bridge mode, perform these steps:
1. Open the AmpliFi app.
2. Tap the picture of the AmpliFi router.
3. Tap Internet.
4. Toggle on Bridge Mode to enable it.
5. Save and confirm bridge mode by selecting the check mark in the upper right hand corner of the page.
6. AmpliFi will restart and apply the updated settings.