Create and manage profiles for devices connected to the AmpliFi network with the Family tab. This article includes information on how to create and configure a family profile which allows you to customize the internet experience for different people in your home, how to create "Quite Time" to allow you to limit screen time, how to pause devices, so they lose access to the internet until you unpause them, and how to view information on this client device's connected at the time. QoS is also configured in the Family section, read about that in this separate article. At this time, AmpliFi does not provide website or content filtering; and it does not store information about browser history.
Note The process for the AmpliFi Alien is the same.
To configure the Family section follow these steps:
1. Launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Using the Utility bar select the icon for "Family". Utility menu bar is located on the bottom of the screen on iOS devices; located on top for Android devices.
AmpliFi HD/Instant/Gamers edition
3. If this is the first profile you will create, the app will prompt to 'Create first profile'. If it isn't the first profile created, use the plus sign in the lower right corner of the page.
4. Name the profile and tap Create Profile.
5. Once the profile is created, tap on the profile to add/organize devices.
6. Add Quiet time to prevent all devices that are part of that profile to access the internet at certain times of the day and week.
7. Add devices to the profile by navigating to the devices tab inside the family profile and selecting the desired devices. Press the check mark in the top right corner of the screen to confirm the selections.
1. Launch the AmpliFi app, navigate to the Family tab.
2. Select the pause icon for the particular device you desire to pause. The paused device will need to be unpaused before it is able to connect to the internet.
3. Alternatively, tap the toggle to "Pause Internet on all devices". This will stop the internet access of all devices seen on the list.
4. If you wish to unpause a device simply tap the resume button near the device and its connectivity will be restored.
If you have a switch connected to the AmpliFi router, devices will display on the port connected to the switch. Please see content below for examples of a connected switch.
1. Notice that the switch is connected to port one, all devices connected to the switch will display as connected to port one.
2. Tap on a client and view its details or create a static lease.
To look at a devices IP address, see what it is connected to, or view its manufacturer information follow the steps below.
1. In the family tab select a device.
2. Select "Client Details"
3. The clients information is displayed as shown below.