You can access the AmpliFi mobile app from outside the local internet connection by enabling remote management. All configurations available in the app locally will also be available when you're using remote management. Remote management is also useful in some recovery cases, and is required to use the Teleport feature. You will need to have an active Ubiquiti, Google or Facebook account to enable remote management. If you prefer to not use a social media account you can now enable remote management with a Ubiquiti account, using an email of your choice.
Tip Your Google, Facebook or Ubiquiti account credentials are used to enable this feature. If you forgot the username, lost the password or lost access in any way, this must be corrected in the corresponding platform (Google, Facebook or Ubiquiti), it cannot be reset from AmpliFi.
How to Enable Remote Management
This process is the same for any of our router line: HD, Gamer, Instant and Alien.
1. Connect to your AmpliFi WiFi network and launch the AmpliFi app. You must be connected to your AmpliFi router locally to enable remote management the first time.
2. Select the upper, left hand menu (three horizontal lines).
3. Tap the "Enable remote management" button located at the top of the menu.
4. If you have already linked an account with the AmpliFi router you will see the remote management menu option instead.
Select Remote Management
5. Tap Yes, add this AmpliFi
6. Wait for the setting to finish applying. You can now manage your AmpliFi network from anywhere!
To use remote management, connect to another Wi-Fi network, other than your local AmpliFi network, or your devices mobile's internet. It might take a moment longer for the app to connect to your AmpliFi router when doing so over the cloud, but once connected, tap on the device to access its settings. Everything will look and work the same way.
If you have multiple AmpliFi networks, and you would like to manage them with a different Ubiquiti/Google/Facebook accounts, tap Log Out to switch between your accounts.
How to disable or change remote access
AmpliFi remote management access can only be given to one account, but can be shared across multiple devices if desired. If your AmpliFi network has already been added to an account, you will see this error message:
To change the social media account associated with your remote access you will have to disable it on the web AmpliFi interface and then connect it again using the process above on the mobile app.
1. Go to the web UI and log in. This article describes how.
2. Click on the Support button on the top right of screen.
3. Under the "Other" header, click on Tools.
4. Click "Remove remote access to the router" to disable remote access.
If Remote Management stopped working, there are a number of possible reasons: for example, a misconfiguration because of a recent change, or your Internet Service Provide (ISP) picking up on something and blocking the access. So if your Remote Management is not working, please contact our Support team: firstname.lastname@example.org and they will take a look at your Support log to identify what the issue is and how to solve it.