You can access your AmpliFi network management app from outside the local internet connection by enabling remote access. All configurations available in the app locally will also be available when you're using remote access. Remote access is also useful in some recovery cases, and to use Teleport. You will need to have an active Ubiquiti, Google or Facebook account to enable remote access. If you prefer to not use a social media account you can now enable Remote Access with a Ubiquiti account, using an email of your choice.
Tip Your Google, Facebook or Ubiquiti account credentials are used to enable this feature. If you forgot the username, lost the password or lost access in any way, this must be corrected in the corresponding platform (Google, Facebook or Ubiquiti), it cannot be reset from AmpliFi.
Note The process is the same for the AmpliFi Alien.
How to enable remote access
1. Connect to your AmpliFi WiFi network and launch the AmpliFi app. You must be connected to your AmpliFi router locally to enable remote access the first time.
2. Select the upper, left hand menu (three horizontal lines).
3. Tap the "Enable remote access" button located above the menu.
4. If you have already linked an account with the AmpliFi router you will see the remote access menu option.
5. Tap Yes, add this AmpliFi
6. Wait for the setting to finish applying. You can now manage your AmpliFi network from anywhere! To test Remote Access you will have to use another Wi-Fi network, other than your local AmpliFi network. Your mobile's internet will work or another Wi-Fi.
If you have multiple AmpliFi networks, and you would like to manage them with different Ubiquiti/Google/Facebook accounts, tap Log Out to switch between your accounts. By logging out you are also disabling Remote Access.
Important Currently, to remove a specific AmpliFi network from the remote access list, you must factory reset the device.
If Remote Access stopped working, there are a number of possible reasons: for example, a misconfiguration because of a recent change, or your Internet Service Provide (ISP) picking up on something and blocking the access. So if your Remote Access is not working, please contact our Support team: firstname.lastname@example.org and they will take a look at your Support log to identify what the issue is and how to solve it.