You can access your AmpliFi network management app from outside the local internet connection by enabling remote access. All configurations available in the app locally will also be available when you're using remote access. Remote access is also useful in some recovery cases, and is required to use Teleport. You will need to have an active Ubiquiti, Google or Facebook account to enable remote access. If you prefer to not use a social media account you can now enable Remote Access with a Ubiquiti account, using an email of your choice.
Tip Your Google, Facebook or Ubiquiti account credentials are used to enable this feature. If you forgot the username, lost the password or lost access in any way, this must be corrected in the corresponding platform (Google, Facebook or Ubiquiti), it cannot be reset from AmpliFi.
How to enable remote access
This process is the same for any of our router line: HD, Gamer, Instant and Alien.
1. Connect to your AmpliFi WiFi network and launch the AmpliFi app. You must be connected to your AmpliFi router locally to enable remote access the first time.
2. Select the upper, left hand menu (three horizontal lines).
3. Tap the "Enable remote access" button located above the menu.
4. If you have already linked an account with the AmpliFi router you will see the remote access menu option.
5. Tap Yes, add this AmpliFi
6. Wait for the setting to finish applying. You can now manage your AmpliFi network from anywhere!
To use Remote Access, just connect to another Wi-Fi network, other than your local AmpliFi network, for example your mobile's internet or another Wi-Fi. It might take a moment longer for the app to "find" your AmpliFi router when doing so over the cloud, but once connected, tap on the device to access its settings. Everything will look and work the same way.
If you have multiple AmpliFi networks, and you would like to manage them with different Ubiquiti/Google/Facebook accounts, tap Log Out to switch between your accounts. By logging out you are also disabling Remote Access.
How to disable or change remote access
To change the social media account associated with your remote access you will have to disable it on the web AmpliFi interface and then connect it again using the process above on the mobile app.
1. Go to the web UI and log in. This article describes how.
2. Click on the Support button on the top right of screen.
3. Under the "Other" header, click on Tools and then click on "Remove remote access to the router" to disable remote access.
If Remote Access stopped working, there are a number of possible reasons: for example, a misconfiguration because of a recent change, or your Internet Service Provide (ISP) picking up on something and blocking the access. So if your Remote Access is not working, please contact our Support team: email@example.com and they will take a look at your Support log to identify what the issue is and how to solve it.