Access your AmpliFi network management app from outside the local internet connection by enabling remote access. All configurations available in the app locally will also be available using remote access. Remote access is also useful in some recovery cases, and is recommended. You will need to have a Google or Facebook account to enable remote access. Note that remote access must be enabled for the Teleport app to work.
1. Launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Select the upper, left hand menu (three horizontal lines).
3. Select the G or F to enable remote access using Google or Facebook.
4. If you have already linked an account with the AmpliFi router you will see the remote access menu option.
Note If you select Google or Facebook you will be asked to link your account with the app.
4. Tap "YES, ADD THIS AMPLIFI".
5. Wait for the setting to finish applying. You can now configure your AmpliFi network from anywhere! To test Remote Access you will have to use another Wi-Fi network, other than your local AmpliFi network. Your mobile's internet will work or another Wi-Fi.
If Remote Access stopped working, there are a number of possible reasons: for example, a misconfiguration because of a recent change, or your Internet Service Provide (ISP) picking up on something and blocking the access. So if your Remote Access is not working, please contact our Support team: email@example.com and they will take a look at your Support log to identify what the issue is and how to solve it.