Use the AmpliFi app to examine up-to-date, second-by-second performance so you know how your router and mesh points are communicating with your devices.
Data monitoring is the ability to keep track of the statistics of your router, moment by moment. The AmpliFi router never stops conveying this data unless it is interrupted by a reset or if the router is unplugged. You will be able to view how your router is currently performing.
Having access to your router’s data is useful if your network has issues or if you make changes to your network.
There are two ways to access your router’s data.
Once your AmpliFi router has been set up, use its touchscreen display to view the following:
- Date and time
- Live bandwidth usage
- Daily data download and upload totals
- Internet (WAN or Wide Area Network) and router IP addresses
- LAN diagram displaying what ports are being used currently
You can also view this data using the AmpliFi App on your smartphone or tablet. Perform these steps:
- Open the AmpliFi app.
- Tap Continue.
- Tap Already have a configured AmpliFi?
- Select the AmpliFi router.
- Select Performance at the bottom of the screen.
- The following are displayed:
- Throughput: The dynamic graphs convey the download and upload speeds.
- Speed Test: You can click Start Test to initiate a speed test that will analyze download and upload speeds and ping test results, testing the wired connection between AmpliFi and the Internet. Every time you initiate a speed test, it will record the date, time, and results for your network.