WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) allows users to easily connect devices (like wireless printers and wireless cameras for example) that support WPS to the AmpliFi system. WPS can be enabled temporarily via the AmpliFi app or the webUI, take a look below:
Enabling WPS on the AmpliFi mobile app
1. Launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Select the image of the router.
3. From the main Settings section, scroll down to "WPS on LCD" and tap the toggle to enable. Notice on the screenshot to the right, which is what AmpliFi Instant and AmpliFi Alien users will see, this is the last step to enable WPS. Other users will have to take one step further and long-press on the router LCD screen.
4. Tap the check-mark to save your settings.
5. Once enabled, long press the LCD screen on the AmpliFi router to start WPS. Disable it later on from the LCD screen as well. If you are using an AmpliFI Instant or AmpliFi Alien router you will not have to touch the LCD screen, after saving your settings, WPS will be enabled for two minutes.
6. Make sure WPS is also enabled in the device you are trying to connect to AmpliFi (for example a wireless printer, a wireless camera, etc).
Enabling WPS on the webUI
1. Use a browser to navigate to http://amplifi.lan
2. Click on the Support button and choose WPS under tools. WPS will be enabled for three minutes. Make sure WPS is also enabled in the device you are trying to connect to AmpliFi (for example a wireless printer, a wireless camera, etc).