The AmpliFi router has the ability to broadcast an additional SSID as well as select the frequency on which it will broadcast. The steps below outline the required configuration to enable an additional SSID on the AmpliFi router and the AmpliFi MeshPoints.
Note Adding an SSID is done individually per each device. For example, if an Additional SSID is only configured for the AmpliFi router, when a user is close to a MeshPoints but not in range of the router, the SSID would not be available. You must add it to each device to broadcast the new SSID throughout your network's area.
1. Open the AmpliFi app.
2. Tap on the main router to enter its settings.
3. Tap on Wireless.
4. Scroll down to the Additional SSID section and enable it Additional SSID by tapping on the toggle.
5. Name the Additional SSID. This will be what users see when they are selecting a Wi-Fi network to connect to.
6. (OPTIONAL) To switch the Additional SSID band from "Both" to 2.4GHz or 5 GHz specifically, tap the drop down menu for Additional SSID band and choose which band should be enabled in that SSID.
7. Tap the check mark in the top right to confirm and save settings.
Adding an Additional SSID on MeshPoints
To configure an Additional SSID on the MeshPoints please follow these steps:
1. Select the mesh point icon.
2. Toggle on the additional SSID.
3. Configure the SSID and the band to either 2.4GHz, 5GHz, or choose both. Make sure to save the configuration by tapping the check mark in the top, right hand corner.