The AmpliFi router has the ability to broadcast an additional SSID as well as select the frequency on which it will broadcast. The steps below outline the required configuration to enable an additional SSID on the AmpliFi router and the AmpliFi MeshPoints.
Adding an SSID is done individually per each device on your network: the router and the meshpoints. For example, if an Additional SSID is only configured for the AmpliFi router, when a user is close to a MeshPoint but not in range of the router, that SSID would not be available. You can add an additional SSID to each MeshPoint and router separately.
And when you wish to remove the additional SSIDs, just follow the same path described in this article and toggle the feature off. Remember to do it for the router as well as the meshpoints!
1. Open the AmpliFi app.
2. Tap on the main router to enter its settings.
3. Tap on Wireless.
4. Scroll down to the Additional SSID section and enable it Additional SSID by tapping on the toggle.
5. Name the Additional SSID. This will be what users see when they are selecting a Wi-Fi network to connect to.
6. (OPTIONAL) To switch the Additional SSID band from "Both" to 2.4GHz or 5 GHz specifically, tap the drop down menu for Additional SSID band and choose which band should be enabled in that SSID.
7. Tap the check mark in the top right to confirm and save settings.
Adding an Additional SSID on MeshPoints
To configure an Additional SSID on the MeshPoints please follow these steps:
1. Select the mesh point icon.
2. Toggle on the additional SSID.
3. Configure the SSID and the band to either 2.4GHz, 5GHz, or choose both. Make sure to save the configuration by tapping the check mark in the top, right hand corner.