QoS or "Quality of Service" is our newest feature that we have introduced to our AmpliFi app (available for Android and iOS devices). This feature gives the user the ability to prioritize bandwidth to certain clients or devices on your network based on how they are used. AmpliFi prioritizes into three categories: Gaming, Streaming and Normal. Gaming will have the highest priority, followed by Streaming and then Normal. See the below steps to learn how to enable QoS for your network and optimize your router to its full potential.
1. Open the AmpliFi app.
2. Locate and select the Family tab.
3. From your list of connected clients, slide your finger from right to left on any given wireless client to open QoS options.
1. Select a device from your client list.
2. Slide the selected client from right to left. This will make the QoS menu appear.
3. For this example, streaming will be selected prioritizing the iPhone for streaming use.
4. A small icon will appear below the device title confirming the QoS setting was successful.
Note: If you cannot see these options, check and see if you are on Bridge Mode. When on Bridge Mode you will not have access to features such as QoS and Guest Network.