Assigning your devices a static IP address ensures they will always have that same IP. Static IP addresses are necessary for services such as remote access and creating port forwarding rules; and can also be useful to keep track of the IP addresses of key devices that are commonly connected to a network. Follow the steps below to assign a static IP to a device.
Tip We recommend connecting the device to the AmpliFi network before proceeding, as it will simplify the process. But instructions for both scenarios will be shown below: New Devices and Known Devices.
1. Launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Select the image of the AmpliFi router to open the Configuration page.
3. Select DHCP Server.
4. Select Static Leases.
5. Tap the plus sign in the top right corner to create a new static lease.
6. Give the static lease a name to identify it later on, input your device's and assign an IP address from the list. Tap on the check in the top right corner to save the static lease.
Note You will still need to assign this IP address to your device for it to connect to the AmpliFi network.
If you use an android device, you will manually enter the IP address instead of selecting from a list.
1.Launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Select the Family section to view devices connected to the network.
3. Select Create Static Lease.
4. The Name and MAC Address will already be filled out, now select the IP address for the device and tap the check mark to save.