An AmpliFi IoT network allows users to keep their IoT devices in a separate subnet and isolate them at an IP level for increased security.
These are a few details of the IoT network feature:
- The IoT network feature is available for AmpliFi Alien, Gamer's Edition, HD and Instant models starting on firmware version 3.7.1.
- The IP address given to devices on this network will be 192.168.251.x.
- Devices on the IoT network will only be able to communicate with each other and the Internet.
- The IoT network works while on bridge mode as well; in a manner similar to how a guest network functions.
To enable an AmpliFi IoT network on the AmpliFi mobile app:
- Launch the AmpliFi app.
- Select your router.
- Select Wireless settings.
- Scroll down to the IOT NETWORK section and enable the toggle. This will create an additional SSID.
- Move the devices you wish to separate from the main network to this SSID.