Ethernet backhaul can be enabled to support AmpliFi Mesh Routers that may not have wireless signal from the router. To enable this feature please do the following:
1. Connect to the Wi-Fi network your AmpliFi router is broadcasting and launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Power on the standalone mesh router and wait for it to complete the boot cycle.
3. In the System / Overview page of the app, wait for the "New Mesh Point Detected - Add to Network" pairing message to appear. Follow these setup steps to first wirelessly pair the standalone unit to the kit.
4. Once the Mesh router has been wirelessly paired, select the new wirelessly meshed AmpliFi icon from the System / Overview page to open the settings.
5. Toggle on the "Ethernet Backbone" option.
6. Connect an ethernet cable from any of the 4 LAN output ports on the back of the primary AmpliFi router to the blue WAN input port on the back of the wirelessly meshed secondary router.
NOTE: This will only work when the Mesh router is connected via ethernet cable.
7. Save settings by tapping the check mark at the top right corner of the mobile screen. Once the settings have been saved, allow the router a moment to apply the new settings.