Ethernet backhaul can be enabled to create a direct connection from the router to a RAMP (Router as a mesh point) instead of connecting wirelessly. Both routers will broadcast the same SSID and all devices will be on the same network, regardless of location.
Note Only AmpliFi HD stand alone routers can be added as a RAMP with wired backhaul to an AmpliFi HD kit. Please refer to our Compatibility Guide for more details
To enable this feature please do the following:
1. Connect to the Wi-Fi network your AmpliFi router is broadcasting and launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Power on the standalone mesh router and wait for it to complete the boot cycle. Do not connect the ethernet cable at this point.
3. In the System / Overview page of the app, wait for the "Add to Network" pairing message to appear. Follow these setup steps to first wirelessly pair the standalone unit to the kit.
4. Once the Mesh router has been wirelessly paired, select the new wirelessly meshed AmpliFi icon from the System / Overview page to open the settings.
5. Toggle on the "Ethernet Backbone" option.
6. Save settings by tapping the check mark at the top right corner of the mobile screen. Once the settings have been saved, allow the router a moment to apply the new settings.
7. Connect an ethernet cable to the RAMP's blue WAN port once the LCD screen displays "Plug in Cable".