AmpliFi's app links AmpliFi to your smartphone while connected locally or remotely (when remote access is enabled). Once connected, if the error "Unable to locate device" is shown in the AmpliFi app, follow these instructions:
1. Tap the top left menu icon and then select 'start wizard' or 'switch AmpliFi' found at the bottom of the screen.
2. Choose an online AmpliFi device from the devices list presented, following the prompts and entering the credentials.
Note By default, the AmpliFi admin (and mobile app) password is the same as the WiFi network one, unless you have changed it at some point.
Example of available devices:
3. If the AmpliFi device you wish to connect to shows as offline or is not displayed please perform the following steps:
- Ensure the mobile device (with the AmpliFi app) is connected to the AmpliFi's WiFi network.
- Ensure your mobile device is not connected to a VPN.
- Close and restart the AmpliFi app.
4. If the error persists please try the following:
- In your mobile devices Wireless Settings, forget the AmpliFi network and then rejoin it.
- If after trying this the issue persists, you will have to perform a factory reset of the AmpliFi device.