If the AmpliFi router displays a "No IP address" error please perform the following steps to resolve the issue.
Tip Please note, if the Ethernet cable is excessive in length, it may cause issues. A new cable should be used during troubleshooting to ensure the original cable was not the culprit.
1. Leaving the Ethernet cable plugged in between the two components, power off both the AmpliFi router and the modem completely.
2. Once they are both powered off, plug ONLY the AmpliFi router into power. Allow the AmpliFi to fully reboot before proceeding to Step 3. The AmpliFi router is fully booted when the message "Plug in Cable" appears on its LCD screen. Proceed to the next step when this happens.
3. Power up the modem next. Please give the modem up to five minutes to fully reboot.
4. If the issue persists, verify that the modem or modem/router combo used along with the AmpliFi router is in bridge mode. This can be done by checking the modem settings or contacting your service provider. If the modem is operating in DHCP mode, then enable bridge mode on the AmpliFi router via the app. There should only be one device functioning as router in your network.
5. Contact your internet service provider and ensure that you have a connection to the internet. You can also let your provider know you are adding a router to your network, and determine if there is any action on their side that should be performed for the configuration to work.
6. Check the WAN connection type, launch the AmpliFi app. Select the AmpliFi router icon, select internet under the settings subhead. Check that the connection type is correct, your service provider will recommend the best connection type.
7. Ensure the router is up to date. Open the AmpliFi app select the AmpliFi router icon and scroll down to update, select the update button.
8. If the AmpliFi router is replacing a router try to clone the MAC address of the router being replaced. Launch the AmpliFi router and select the router icon, select the internet option. Under the other subhead toggle on clone mac address and enter the router being replaced mac address.
9. If the error persists, a factory reset of the AmpliFi router can be performed.
10. If the issue persists please contact support and confirm you have followed this troubleshooting guide to completion, so they may provide next steps.