The Hardware NAT feature is specifically designed for gigabit users who are experiencing slower throughput via their AmpliFi's LAN ports. It is only recommend to enable this feature if you are experiencing slower "hardwired" speeds out of the back of the AmpliFi unit.
Note This article does not apply to the AmpliFi Instant model which does not support gigabit speeds nor the Hardware NAT feature; nor to routers that have Bridge Mode enabled. See more about Bridge Mode here.
Follow the steps below to enable this feature:
1. Launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Select the image of the AmpliFi router to open the Configuration page.
3. Under Settings, select the Internet subsection.
4. Scroll down to the "Other" subsection and toggle the Hardware NAT to the On position.
5. Once enabled, tap the check mark found in the top, right corner of the page to save your settings.
6. The router will perform a very quick reboot and Hardware NAT should now be enabled. If you wish to verify, launch the AmpliFi again and make your way to the Internet settings to verify Hardware NAT is on (enabled features will have blue toggles with the circle switch to the right).