The AmpliFi router has a great feature in it's settings that can be toggled on called "Hardware NAT". This setting is specifically designed for gigabit users who are experiencing slower throughput via their AmpliFi's LAN ports. We only recommend enabling this feature if you are experiencing slower "hardwired" speeds out of the back of the AmpliFi unit. If you find yourself in a similar situation, please follow the steps below to enable this feature:
- Open the AmpliFi smartphone app. (Available for iOS and Android)
- Once logged into the router using the app, select the image of the AmpliFi router to open it's overall settings page.
- Select the "Internet" tab.
- Under the "Internet Settings" page, scroll down to and toggle ON "Hardware NAT".
- Once toggled, select the checkmark on this page to save your settings.
The router will perform a very quick reboot and Hardware NAT should now be enabled. You can follow the steps above again to ensure that this feature was successfully toggled ON.
IMPORTANT: We recommend allowing a period of 24-48 hours to pass before full speeds will take effect.