Port forwarding allows a device to get through your firewall through a specific port. This allows a device outside your network to connect to a device inside your network. For example, port forwarding can allow you to check on a camera at home while you are away.
To set up port forwarding, perform these steps:
1. Launch the AmpliFi app.
2. Tap the picture of the AmpliFi router.
3.Tap Port Forwarding.
4. Tap + to create a new port forwarding rule.
5. Enter a descriptive name for the rule.
- Enter the IP address of the device which will be allowed access through this port forwarding rule.
- Enter the appropriate port number in the Source Port field.
- Enter the appropriate port number in the Destination Port field.
- Select the appropriate protocol. This is typically TCP (Transmission Control Protocol); however, some services may require UDP (User Datagram Protocol) or both.
You can also define a range of ports when creating a port forwarding rule, instead of individual ports. In the source and destination port fields, format your port ranges as follows *****-*****, ranges can be set from 1023-65535. In this example ranges are set from 7700-7800.
Tip You can usually find the port number and protocol for your service in your device documentation or during an online search. Be sure that there is a static lease assigned to your device before port forwarding.
6. Tap the check mark on the upper, right hand corner to save these settings.