Port forwarding allows a device to get through your firewall through a specific port on your computer. This allows a device outside your network to connect to a device inside your network. For example, port forwarding can be used to connect two computers together for gaming or allow you to check on a camera in the home while you are away.
To set up port forwarding, perform these steps:
- Open the AmpliFi app.
- Tap the picture of the AmpliFi router.
- Tap Port Forwarding.
- Tap + to create a new service.
- Enter a descriptive name for the service.
- Enter the IP address of your device.
- Enter the appropriate port number in the Source Port field.
- Enter the appropriate port number in the Destination Port field.
- Select the appropriate protocol. This is typically TCP (Transmission Control Protocol); however, some services may require UDP (User Datagram Protocol).
- Tap ✓ to save your settings.
Tip You can usually find the port number and protocol for your service in your device documentation or during an online search. Be sure that there is a static lease assigned to your device before port forwarding.