To begin you will need to configure the AmpliFi Router HD as the primary router on the network. If you already have an existing AmpliFi Network, then you will likely want to unpair the router and teleport from the kit so you can pair them with your existing network (Unpairing Documentation Coming Soon).
*If you are going to configure the Teleport device at home for testing or any other purposes, the Teleport will need to be connected to an Internet Source that is not being used by the AmpliFi Network. The Teleport and AmpliFi Network will need to have different Public IPs. The easiest way to accomplish this is using a Mobile Hotspot for the Teleport's connection.
*Remote Access will need to be enabled on the Router that the Teleport is paired with to be able to accept pairing requests.
1. Download and install the AmpliFi App then launch it. Select the first option for "Setup AmpliFi Mesh System".
2. Follow the instructions in the app to complete the setup and configuration of the router and AmpliFi Network.
3. Now if you are configuring the Teleport device at home for any reason, it will need to be connected to a different internet source than the router. We recommend a mobile hotspot to configure for testing the first time. If you are configuring the Teleport while away from home, the following steps are correct as well, just connect to the internet source you have available to you. Plug in and power on the Teleport device.
4. Once the Teleport has booted up, connect to the SSID that it is broadcasting "Teleport XXXXXX" where the last 6 characters match the last 6 characters of the Teleport's MAC ID.
5. Once you have connected, the Teleport Setup Window should appear. If it does not, open a web browser and navigate to http://amplifi.lan/ to continue setup.
6. The first step will be to name the Wireless Network that the Teleport will broadcast and secure it with a password.
7. Now select the internet source for the Teleport to use. Enter the password for the selected network.
8. Once connected, the Teleport will restart to continue setup.
9. Connect to the Wireless Network you've created that Teleport is now broadcasting. The setup window should automatically open and continue.
10. Now open the AmpliFi App and once connected, you should receive a pairing prompt in the app. Tap on "Yes, Pair this Teleport" to continue.
11. It will take some time for the setup to complete. Once finished, you should see the Teleport Device online in the app as well.
If you have any questions or need assistance during this process, feel free to reach out to support!